PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR at home base or A320 abroad...
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2018, 16:09
clumsypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a similar situation.. Would like to hear opinions..

I have been flying A320 for 6 years and logged 5000hrs. That is my first after flight school. Company is offering me a commander upgrade on B737. Which I find a bit frightening since I have zero experience with boeing. Plus recently they remove the procedure of flying 300 hrs on the right seat before getting the command. So it will be CBT, ground course, simulator from left seat and lifus for 40 sectors.

Normally I am a curious person and like to discover new aircrafts. Plus these are the most common airliners in the world so could be nice to know both. But on the other hand.. I feel like I will be throwing away my experience on Airbus if I move to 737. Also 737 fleet has very ugly roster compared to 320. Both are narrow body and suffer from lots of legs and night flights, 737 suffering a lot short layovers and Africa flights.

If I decide to wait.. It is "expected" to get a command in 320 not earlier thn 7 months. 320 fleet will also grow, they have confirmed orders(if everything goes as planned). So I will suffer 30 pct pay rise. Also not sure if company can find enough pilots for 737 otherwise they can always force me to move 737. cause of the mentioned reasons, they lose people everyday.

Thx in advance for your opinions..!