PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR at home base or A320 abroad...
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2018, 11:57
hugmie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EMB-145LR

I’m very happy with my lot and not at all bitter, thanks. A major factor in that was my personal choice to try and prioritise life outside of work. I love what I do for a living, but blindly prioritising it above all else didn’t make me happy. Thus, if I found myself in the original poster’s position I would take the ATR job, but that’s very much personal preference.

I take exception to the assumptions you made in your post. Having worked extremely hard in the early part of my career has led me to where I am today, and affords me the life experience to share what I learnt. Doesn’t mean it’s right for everyone, but I certainly don’t sit in a gold plated castle offering my opinions to the ‘little people’ at the beginning of their careers.

To the OP; my turboprop flying was by far and away the most fun and rewarding in my career. The Airbus is a pleasant working environment, but the ‘fun’ factor isn’t the same. You’re a pilot on one and an operator on the other. If you can afford to, and you want to, I’d take the ATR job and enjoy life with those you love.
Thanks for your posts EMB145, very interesting to hear your opinion having flown both types!