PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2018, 10:07
TURIN

Received 208 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Ringwayman
It is not arrogance to suggest that if the overwhelming majority of passengers do not have any of the reported issues at Manchester then it's the prima donnas that need to look at themselves as it has to be them that have the problems because they are too thick to understand a few simple instructions. And no, I'm not in any way shape or form affiliated to the Manchester Airport Group. And frankly I'd say that anyone not spotting a banned item needs to sacked on the 1st occasion and not the 3rd one as what's the point in them being employed in security - after all, if they miss something and an incident takes place, that is when REAL adverse publicity will occur, and not on the basis of 521 Which? respondents to a survey.
Good grief, where to begin. The vast majority don't complain. It doesn't mean they don't have a problem. They just suck it up. As a nation we are notorious for not complaining or making a fuss. Prima donnas!! Really? When a passenger travels through different airports frequently and only gets a problem at one of them, you are saying its the passenger's fault? Get real.

I see you are one of the hire and fire brigade. Fortunately, now a rarity in this industry. Think about it. You spend thousands and many man hours training people up, they make one mistake, and your answer is to sack them on the spot? Wrong. Everybody learns from their mistakes. The same error is unlikely to occur again. That individual has now learned a valuable lesson and hopefully will not do it again, especially if additional training is offered/required. Its called having a 'just culture' it is vital in the aviation industry and all safety critical work places that it is followed. Threatening people with the sack for an error is counter productive. No one learns from the error and it costs industry more money.

Something for your bedtime reading...

Just Culture