PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WestJet Glasgow Service
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2018, 08:14
rog747

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
WestJet 737's are not that uber high density and will operate under ETOPS rules (and equipped) with at least 138 minutes capability for OEI.
They have 3 rows of 'plus' seats in the front of their 738 and has a config of 174Y v the 189Y maximum payload.
The 700 series only seat 134 pax.

ETOPS ''out of the box'' for the new Max is 180 minutes.

Plenty of alternates for a UK arrival if GLA wx is out - I am not sure if the GLA-Halifax is seasonal only in which case winter weather would not be an issue.

Astraeus crews used to do there and back (same crew) with their 737-700's operating LGW-Deer Lake (Newfoundland) with 148 pax.

Air Canada also operate small jets in to LHR on their shorter routes such as St John's. (A319 and 737)

Again I am not sure if WJ or AC operate any flights with a ''there and back crew'' on any of their shorter UK or Ireland routes to/from Canada.
My pal works at LHR for AC so I will ask him.

As HotelTango mentions flight times Eastbound will often be sustainability faster than the planned 6 hours+ when taking advantage of the prevailing upper winds.

Regards
PS
Monarch operated the very first UK airline ETOPS flight to/from MCO Orlando in 1988 with the 757 (via Bangor)