PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL H training in Cannes or Milan for UAE national
Old 25th Aug 2018, 06:13
percyprune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL H training in Cannes or Milan for UAE national

Good morning

I have posted this on the PPL and instructors forums but no response so I thought I would try here.

I wonder if anyone can help with some advice on finding a good school with proficient English speaking instructors for PPL H training in either Milan or Cannes?

I have a friend, UAE national, who is interested in learning to fly helicopters and he has asked me to help him look into it. He previously held a PPL A (about 10-15 years ago) and is now interested in possibly obtaining a PPL H.

The reason for these locations is that he regularly visits both cities on business and they are both on the Emirates network.

His ELP is probably about level 4 so finding an English proficient school is important and he would also require 1 on 1 instruction.

In Cannes we have looked at a couple of potential operators and the same in Italy but while it is easy to visit a website I would ideally like to get independent recommendations/contact details as the companies I have contacted on his behalf have not responded in both locations.

Questions include:

Visa regulations for non European's to obtain flying training as a UAE national?
Instructor ELP proficiency and 1 on 1 training capability?
R-44 or Cabri G2 are the preferred types

Thank you in advance,

PP