PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2018, 10:51
Speedywheels

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Leeming in 1987 was a building site, to the extent we were all going around in supply issued wellington boots due to all the construction work and mess on the roads. The guardroom is a portakabin sat in front of the under refurbishment permanent guardroom, opposite SHQ. I'm sat in the portakabin as Orderly Corporal (came round very frequently due to the lack of numbers) when I hear the sound of breaking glass. A civilian contractor has decided that the traffic cones that are being used to divert traffic around the construction areas will make effective weapons to smash the ground floor windows in SHQ. I'm not allowed to abandon the 'guardroom' so I phone the Orderly Sergeant to get down from the mess quickly as SHQ is deteriorating rapidly. I then had to phone plod in Bedale to attend because it was a civilian that was doing all the damage.

Luckily, the Flt Sgt got down to SHQ pretty rapid and managed to persuade the miscreant that he'd made his point and to stop. It was either that or he'd just run out of ammunition, the intervening 30 years has dulled my memory. Eventually the police arrived and carted him off.

The following week, lying on my pit in the barrack block and it sounds like the place is getting trashed. When I open my room door, I find the same guy is now trying to smash in one of the room doors down the corridor. He recognises me from the previous week and disappears.

I found out later that his wife worked in the airmen's mess and she'd been giving out more than second helpings. He was on a revenge mission.