PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Licensing Options
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2018, 10:49
Banana Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fly4more
Try applying for Virgin without a UK issued licence, you will not get past the first page of the online application.

There are too many dodgy operators and pilots using the perceived weakness of some authorities to obtain a Part FCL, then using this to obtain employment , say in the UK.
The CAA once prized itself on maintaining the highest of standards and maintaining them, now its hands are tied by europeanisation. We all know that an ATO in for example, Lithuania or Slovenia are a soft option route to a rating. And much cheaper than the UK.

For some reason, the German Airlines (and others) are still able to insist a pilot has fluent German to be employed , but in the UK, a pilot only needs to meet a min of Level 4 in English. Germany, for example, do not test or insist on a minimum level 4 in German, were such a thing to exist.You must be "fluent". Therefore , the process is hugely biased.
How about BA insist that a pilot must be fluent in English to be able to work there? Define fluent?

EASA has created misrepresentation and decidedly non level playing field.

I'm looking forward to post Brexit.
You are not well informed. You can do your training in Poland or any other country in Europe just to cut down on the training costs because flying there is less expensive due to lower fees and taxes, but you can still be tested under the UK CAA by a UK CAA approved examiner according to your beloved UK CAA standards and obtain a UK CAA issued license. In fact, I would say that 75% of the students of where I graduated are UK students with UK licenses. And Ryanair, Jet2, Thomas Cook, Loganair and Flybe hired lots of them.

About the language, easyJet and other UK operators require ICAO Level 6, which is not easy to get.