PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ultralight Aircraft / LSA - What am I missing ?
Old 24th Aug 2018, 04:11
xxtoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultralight Aircraft / LSA - What am I missing ?

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I discovered something interesting and I can't stop thinking about it so I thought of asking here.

I have an Autogyro Cavalon and it's a fantastic aircraft. It has great service intervals, cheap maintenance, low fuel burn, runs on normal gas (Rotax 914) plus you can land it practically anywhere which makes me feel very safe. It's also in the ultra light category which means not a lot of paperwork with it. All around it's a great aircraft to own.

The only thing I don't love about it is that it is slow and maybe the range but moreso the speed, or rather lack thereof, you're looking at a cruise speed of around 120 km/h.

A few days ago I discovered several ultra light planes made in Europe that seem to have really amazing characteristics:

- A cruise speed of 250-300+ km/h
- Side by side
- Short takeoffs
- Rotax 912/914
- Low fuel burn + can use regular gas
- 100-200k € price tag new
- Nice design (they have to be pretty as well )

So my question right now is what am I missing ?

This to me seems like the perfect aircraft (from my perspective). Sure all of them are two seaters but that's perfectly fine for me.

I am only slightly concerned at how these things might fly due to their low weight, stability during flight and such but if the specs match up to the real world these are picture perfect.

Specifically the planes I found so far are:

JMB Aircraft VL3
Blackwing 600RG
OneAircraft

If anyone can describe their experience with similar planes it would be much appreciated