Thread: Spring Airlines
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 16:30
zumzum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring

hi,

just wanted to give my 2 cents from the inside:

BKK is not an option. Many Captains are waiting for it but there is no expansion whatsoever. Also, even if the base sounds great, flying schedule is almost unsustainable with only night flying: report time around 7/8PM with landing back at around 4/5AM. There are no flights operated during the day...so fatigue concerns are the biggest threat.

The Company realised they are losing too many pilots so they came up with revised T&C which are actually less attractive for new joiners as 4/4 and 5/4 patterns are not available anymore...as a new entrant you can therefore only opt for full time, 6/2 or 6/3. These patterns, under the current schedule, are very hard as time spent away from base and general rostering make pilots life a living hell (no joke): hotels are terrible...especially Shenzhen, Guangzhou while others are simply in the middle of nowhere...crew food has doubtful origins and is eatable only by the locals.

worth mentioning are also First Officers: very bad english in 80% of the cases with poor CRM and sub standard flying skills.

In general, I would stay away as competitors offer at least better working conditions and money...

good luck,

zz