PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Licensing Options
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 15:58
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
but UK operators state UK issued license or willing to convert.
For the life of me, I cannot imagine why someone could be offered a job only to turn it down because he/she is not willing to convert the license to a UK one. Anyone done this before?

Originally Posted by Daysleeper
If (assuming you're a UK citizen) there is no deal then the lack of a licence won't be an issue as you simply won't be legal to work in any job in the EU27 licence or not...but that's OK cos you won't have any right to live there either. (unless you've sorted it separately.) So if you can sort your residency then yes you would be best to change your licence now and forget the UK ever existed.
That's a big issue you've mentioned there -- residency and right to work. I'm pretty sure this would be sorted out, deal or no deal. I cannot imagine the UK surviving if it suddenly made it illegal for non UK residents to work in the UK. The number of agency nursing staff alone who are not UK residents, doctors.... but I'm sure the paper-pushers will find a way to fk this up somehow, so I still expect to be surprised.

Originally Posted by papazulu
THAT was a good one, my belly hurts! How is your NHS doing now that you have 350 milions a week of cash to spare? One can't be serious...
Have you not heard? We're getting a 1% pay rise!!