PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME IR Revalidation Issue
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 13:52
Drag0s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whopity
The first question here is do you hold an EASA licence? If so why do you need to have a licence issued, as it is valid for life? Only the ratings in it have to be revalidated or renewed.
As you refer to revalidation I must assume you have a licence and that the CAA rather than the Examiner conducts the revalidation process. There is no requirement to relate the ME IR to a Class rating except that if conducted in a single it would be limited to SE.
You cannot revalidate the MEP in a FNPT, only an aeroplane or a Flt Sim that replicates the aeroplane of which there are none for the MEP Class. You refer to an LPC rathan an IR Prof Check! Put simply you can revalidate the IR in the FNPT, but not the Class rating.
Thank you for your reply and I am sorry if I had used the terms incorectly. In short, I have an EASA license and I needed to revalidate the ME-IR rating so that I can have ME-IR license as without it I cannot apply for a type rating course. Before the expiry date, I had MEP-IR on my license and from what I understand, by undergoing an lpc in a fntp II sim, I can extend the validity of my ratings as ME-IR written on the license. The poblem is, that the authority accepted the examiners request to perform the lpc in the standard sim but now they are saying that they cannot issue my license due to the fact that I didn’t also renew the class rating and therefore cannot issue a license with only IR and no class rating associated wih it. Basically what I am asking is, can one revalidate me-ir in a sim every other year whilr my mep-ir are valid, and if yes, should I now have a license with me-ir on it ?

Thank you for your time !