PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 08:25
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The T3 air-land side exit gate has been u\s for weeks(if not longer) . Had the same issues at T1 too- long term unsercviceability (maybe still u/s?) causing congestion.
Security has improved in August from the diabolical levels of June. Although I still managed to rack up 25 minutes to get through T3 this week. The inconsistency being the problem, you don't really know if it's going to be 5 minutes or 120 minutes or somewhere in-between. Was stuck in T3 earlier this month with a 3.5 hour delay, hardly anywhere to sit and the chance of using any food outlet almost nil.
This week in T3 and our 30 or so pax told to go to gate 1 for immediate boarding only to find the narrow corridor blocked by a disembarking shuttle for 15 minutes, once clear our small group is faced walking the opposite direction to hundreds if not thousands of delayed people marching the opposite way from the security area. They really ought to have a separate facility for domestic flights, it does grind a bit when you look at the Flybe proudly saying quicker than road or rail on the engines -when it should add (except from Manchester).
The queue for the T1 ground floor lifts yesterday was out the foyer towards Greggs, the sooner T1 & T3 get bulldozed the better.
Meanwhile over in T2 on Saturday,my colleague (business class) was directed by Qatar check in to the extra security bag drop (desk 26- Man staffed) - this was manned by one person and the queue for that was one hour. This was followed by 30 minutes to negotiate fast track security- so another 90 minutes from check in to airside- resulting in no airside shopping or use of a lounge.
But of course we all love MAN and I'm just a whinging old fart, although I do remember when I loved this airport.