PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 17:48
Tagron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by limited_sight
Two observations:
1) The wet lease contract at Isle of Man ends in March 2019 when flybe takes over with their own Q400s.
2) No flights are currently bookable on flybe.com from Southend after March 2019.

Has anyone further info how their relationship continues beyond March? Or will we maybe see a new Stobart bid for flybe in the meantime?
Its not unusual for the Stobart SEN schedules to be announced much later than Flybe's own routes. And there appears to be work in progress on the winter programme from mid January onwards. There may or may not be significance here.

The Stobart SEN franchise agreement commenced on 5 June 2014. It was a five year agreement, so due to expire next summer unless extended. I can't find any reference to an extension, or maybe I am missing something here ?

I imagine there must have been some interesting recent conversations between Stobart and Flybe concerning the poor reliability of the two E195s leased by Stobart from Flybe, and the late delivery (nearly one month late) by Flybe of the first of the E195s purchased by Stobart.