PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When I handed in my kit . . .
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 15:55
X1FTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I was a great believer in the magic of multi coloured pens, I at several stations looked at my clearance chits and thought, never been there.... signed... no point clearing there.... signed.. never was queried, same with clearing accomodation etc, having stood on my mattress when moving out I was horrified at the dirty great footprint on it, promptly circled and signed... not a problem, the sword isn't mightier than the pen. Bruggen had the best system, it went round the internal mail.
Ah! The wisdom of experience. As a conscientious young officer many years ago I was posted to Brize Norton. Arriving late on Sunday night, spent ages carrying all my gear from car up to top floor of mess. Next morning set out with arrival card. By lunchtime after much walking and having eventually found the bike store, returned to SHQ, only to be grabbed by OC PSF, who told me I'd been posted and should go and clear. In retrospect, I should have just turned the card over and signed it all off, but being young and callow ... more walking. (Should have picked up a bike on first circuit.)