PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Costs - am I in the right ballpark?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 15:05
Banana Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by custardpsc
Banana Joe - any chance you could post some details on the process to sit ATPL exams in Poland? I am sure there are a few people interested in that one, me included
The process is quite straightforward, the only thing is that you are allowed to sit the first exam only after 5 months from the day you have officially enrolled as an ATPL student, but you can use all of this time to finish the CBT and study the subjects. It took me around 3 months to finish the Bristol CBT, with a two-week break in between.

You can do the 2-week brush-up class at any time - immediately before you finish the CBT or after - they have one scheduled, provided it is not fully booked. I think they take a maximum of 10 students and they run classes every two months.

Sitting the exams in Poland is also easy. The exam fee is €250 for all the exams, including re-takes. You don't need to book beforehand, you just go there when the session is open and tell the lady at the entrance what exams you are registering for. The exam sessions are open for two weeks every month, excluding August. Nobody does nothing in August in Poland.

I started studying the ATPL subjects on the Bristol CBT in September and finished it in November, took a month off and had my brush-up class in January. I passed the first exam in March and finished in May. 3 months to pass all the exams at first attempt thanks to the simple and straightforward process in Poland.

I recommend this path if you feel confident studying on your own.

I add it is imperative you finish the CBT, take the brush-up class and pass the internal exam to obtain the Course Completion Certificate. With this, you are allowed to register with the ULC (Polish CAA) to sit the exams.