PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ben SMITH (AC’s number two) to join Air France KLM group
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 08:51
AF jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Me Myself
AF Jockey.....I would agree that the first feed backs .....however scarce, seem to paint a positive picture.......however, rumours has it that he was appointed with the promise not to shake the tree .....I mean....the management tree.
So, blowing 3 mill a year in this case looks like a waste of money to me.
Janaillac genuinely cared for his employees and was scuttled by the very management who by the way, was spineless enough not to put their jobs on the line when the referendum was organized......and lost.
Not matter how nice and willing Mr Smit is.....they will just swamp him.

Thanks for the Feedback me myself... The scariest point I see in your comment relates to the fact there will be no shake out in the management layers. That is THE most concerning snag as this is THE one thing we desperately need. All our problems stem from the hordes of number crunchers/PowerPoint show-offs/gutless decision makers (tick off as appropriate). Many (not all) are just a waste of time and money. We need someone who will scrutinize the system and then come to the conclusion we need a change in DNA, hence a leaner yet more efficient management population. And a leader who will stomp loud for lower taxes !!! Those French taxes are slowly bleeding our company to its own death.

Where did you pull that information out of ? From which side of the Atlantic ? If it proves to be true then we’re doomed...

Are you an AC employee yourself ?

Last edited by AF jockey; 22nd Aug 2018 at 09:10.