PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the impasse impassable?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2018, 21:26
Kotuku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farman Biplane

We have a saying in NZ, `There is none so blind than those who cannot see'.. Where did I say that I was proposing that extendees past 65 would be paid less money, for doing a Full Roster??? As I indicated, there are some people who want to continue a while longer past 65 and you only have to look at who is doing just that in NZ and OZ, in Air NZ and Qantas, to see that people do. I mentioned the situation with legality and anti-discrimination and if enough people want to do it and put in the effort to make it happen, there is a good chance it will, especially when it comes down to the economic argument and also the impending world Pilot shortage. The majority of people don't want to do it, but if enough do, then you have to work a solution out, or make sure it doesn't by Law.

Working past 65 is do-able, but whether people want to do it or not, is not my argument or fight any more. You can be an Ostrich if you like Farman and bury your head in the sand, whilst mature and sensible discussion takes place, or you can prepare your arguments and defend your position in due course, if it gets to that point. There are pluses and minuses for everything and it is not my life now, so I will leave it to you and your colleagues to sort it all out, one way or the other.

As to your comments on COS 16, 17 18 etc, it is surprising to me that one of them didn't happen at some point, but it just goes to prove how incompetent this Management Team is. I just hope when it does eventually come, it was worth the wait and you are happy with it. Sorry, I was being facetious there and thinking of a different Company. You good people will get the COS that you fight for, nothing more and probably less. It is up to you and if you don't get it sorted now, then you are all stuffed. To put it bluntly.

Best Regards,
PH