PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Costs - am I in the right ballpark?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2018, 16:01
spitfirejock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps we might have established a logical (non-emotional or bias) consensus that its not about where you train, its about the quality of training and price you pay, often a balance between perception (will I get better if I pay more?), reality (what can I genuinely afford)? Trying to see through the marketing (often hype) is, in my opinion, a daunting task for a perspective student. These forums can perhaps help, when there is an overwhelming positive or negative about a school or a place, however, trying to cut through the huge variety of 'opinions' and reach a conclusion, I would argue is almost impossible. as I said a previous post, I think everyone should visit and see for themselves before committing and of course, never ever pay upfront large sums. Despite this all sounding logical and common sense to most, it is still surprising how many people don't take this advice.

As for EU, BREXIT & Part FCL, many have commented already back and forth to the point that a most readers must be confused. One post could argue very well and convincing in one direction, another post can go in the opposite direction and sound just as convincing. There are obviously very clever orators which put forward good arguments/points, but where do we end up, confused maybe?

For me, I take the view we wont know until we know (maybe a cop out or a neutral stance) but I think neutral is all we can be until we know. If I were a betting man, which I am not, I cannot fathom a situation which will lead to the UK being unable to train to a Part FCL standard and gain reciprocity in the worst case scenario, so my money will be on a positive not a negative outcome.