PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal Accident Inquiries and Inquest
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2018, 08:17
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
BGG:-
DV has looked long and hard at this and he clearly thinks there is merit in pursuing this line. In my own humble opinion, he should be supported. There are some pretty glaring gaps in both the justice system and the way such accidents are investigated.
Hear, hear! The battle for investigation and regulation reform has been waged on many threads on this forum and in many and various ways beyond, but we still have a system of self regulation and accident investigation that is mainly unchanged other than the freshly painted signs outside offices. There is no single answer to getting this rogue super tanker to change course, but every effort to do so is well worth it. These threads are not posted as mere information or even entertainment sources, they are a call to arms for all concerned aviation professionals.

I'm not sure how any self proclaimed professionals could claim not to be concerned, but there are invariably new readers to this forum who may be unaware of the many airworthiness related UK Fatal Military Air Accident threads herein. Rather than condemn them to dedicating the next two or three years to reading through them all, I would point them instead to the latest book by David Hill, "Breaking the Military Covenant - Who speaks for the dead?". Details can be obtained via pm to tucumseh but it covers, inter alia, the loss of two Sea-Kings mid-air, Tornado/Patriot shootdown, Nimrod XV230, Hercules XV179, and the Reds' Hawk inadvertent ground ejection. These and others account for over 100 needless and avoidable deaths. With this one book you can appreciate the woods rather than be preoccupied with the far too many trees, and thus avoid the MOD's default trap of stove-piping accidents as all one-offs. They are not, they are all connected by a dysfunctional and broken system, as David Hill reveals.

Crack on Distant Voice! All it needs is for good men to do something instead of nothing.