PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MS 893E POH / Flight Manual
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 18:26
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan Olieslagers
Alex, excuse me, with all respect but that is not a good recommendation. French is far too poetical a language to be left to machine translation.

For the simplest of examples: "wing tip". In French, that is saumon d'aile
What does your translator machine make of that? Mine gave wing salmon - amusing from a distance, annoying when trying to do something useful.
Hi Jan,

Definitely not trying to put you out of a job!!! A real human translation will of course ALWAYS be SO MUCH better than a machine translation. One cannot compare diamonds and wood like for like!!!

What I meant was that items in the POH that I consider important to a pilot, such as speeds, rpm ranges, operating limitations (ie: manoeuvres, rpm limits, G limits, temps, CofG limits...etc...) are all very self explanatory translations that could be typed into Google, for instance your very own example "saumon d'aile" entered into Google (not even in Google translate) gives you: https://goo.gl/dX5Jtr which at least on my browser shows "French detected - English: Wingtip".

In this instance, the differences according to the EASA type certificate look rather minor, all speeds, all limitations are identical (except Germany's rpm limitations and the full down elevator deflection being 8 degrees less on the E and E-D models). Using the MS893A manual, and confirming values with the French MS893E manual with a little Google translate help might be all that is required for most pilots. Which is why I suggested the DIY approach until you hit a brick wall. Then Double-Barrel - you should definitely ask Jan!!

Anyway - hope this helps!
Alex90