PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fix to Fix
Thread: Fix to Fix
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 15:04
Piloto Maluco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BackPacker
The fix-to-fix thing might just be in the Training Manual, so every FI at your school would have to do it at some point. But as it's not something that's going to happen often in real life, they all tend to use nice, round numbers which work out to easy solutions. As long as you visualise things properly.

Ticking off each radial sounds like overkill to me, but in general the progression of the DME throughout the track is useful to know. In the example of wiggy, if you're tracking direct to the fix you know that the DME should diminish to about 35 at the 090 radial (halfway through the track), and then increase again.

OTOH, I do notice that instructors tend to ask you more questions like this if you're on the wrong track, hoping that you somehow see your error yourself and correct it. If you're obviously doing well and know it, they tend to start yapping about other stuff. So your instructor may just have been helping you correct the mistakes you made earlier.
The method explained in the training manual is with the CRP 5, I bought a MB-4A but I am f*ck*d with this computer it just looks a CRP 5.... no more...

I will follow his method!!!

Just had a look and there are a couple of basic videos on the technique I tried to describe loaded up on YouTube, though for some reason the links get blocked when I try to imbed them directly here...Try Googling “point to point nav using the RMI & VOR”....
Got it! Thanks a million