PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal Accident Inquiries and Inquest
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 13:29
Timelord

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts
I have been following this thread and others like it for some time without joining in, but now I will stick my head above the parapet. Firstly, I have no knowledge or experience of the higher functioning of the airworthiness or legal systems. I was just a crew dog for nearly thirty years and had some vicarious connections with the Moray Firth mid air.

I am afraid that I just do not see the point of never ending demands for more and more enquiries. We know what happened, we know that better radar coverage and a Collision avoidance system would have helped and we know that the CAS had been delayed several times by senior officers trying to save a few pennies at the behest of their political masters. TCAS was quickly fitted to the GR4 fleet in the aftermath.

What more can be achieved? Identifying this or that long posted or retired VSO who signed something incriminating?

Finally, let us not forget that there was a survivor of this accident. Has anyone asked him if he wants to go through it all again?

TL

Last edited by Timelord; 20th Aug 2018 at 13:54.