PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA private AOC ops
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 12:46
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Propellerpilot
I believe you are either operating the aircraft on commercial AOC (in accordance with the OM's) OR Part-NCC (specifically in accordance with the POM, limited to private ops) as approved by the regulator. If your company does not have an approved POM (private ops manual) - your commercial OMs will apply for private flights as well.
In principle yes, but the operating manuals of a commercial AOC can - with the approval of the competent authority of course - contain exceptions valid for private flights. Certain conditions must be met in order for the flight to be private, e.g. it must be paid for by the aircraft owner and he himself or members of his family must be on board. I have been operating like this for ten years now. On that type of flight the age limit for pilots may be raised above 65 and/or the landing factors lowered. However, as long as the pilots are paid for flying their FTLs remain unaffected. It has always been my understanding (haven't looked it up in the EASA rules yet) that duty and rest limitations apply as soon as a pilot receives "renumeration". No matter if he flies commercially, private or in the training sector.