PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF in the OZ paper today
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 05:17
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is even more onerous is the complete lack of process.

The regulatory overreach is incredibly scary.
The recent rise in publicly shamed pilots in the UK and Europe for alcohol related incidents is a concern to many pilot bodies as it affords no due process.

CASA do not, as is the case in the UK have any real desire to deal with mental health. To do so would mean taking on very powerful commercial interests. Airline roster processes and endless pushing against regulatory limits may have, were it to be empirically researched an impact on mental health.
For an anonymous report to effectively end a person's ability to earn an income, without any finding in fact is a very worrisome development.
It shows that the regulator will apply a CYA process and is not in the slightest way concerned for process, rather is incensed that someone within the company afforded the individual concerned access to the basis of the allegation. This ability to confront one's accusers is a fundamental tenet of what purports to be a justice system.

On another related note; I had my medical renewal recently. My DAME highlighted to me out all the new post-German wings questioning around mental health. He is of the opinion that the tougher stance will only serve to drive pilots who actually have mental health issues to conceal them further.
Sorry Magnum did not see your post. This is of concern to the medical profession. CASA simply will not tackle the root cause with any transparency. Deprived of an income on an anonymous allegation without any due process is a sure sign that pilots will say even less. It is an abuse of position that ought not be tolerated. For once perhaps airline management and the labour organizations are on the same side. With respect to the the disastrous E health process, it has been a grave concern to the legal profession that among the myriad of agencies vying for access to the medical records was CASA.