PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 429 - undemanded yaw question
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2018, 21:13
Dai Whirlybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
only if the pilot was stupid enough to initiate the AP test in the middle of the PAC when light on the skids - unlikely!
I agree it is unlikely, but we're all fallible - which is why we need to learn from this and it's also why I'm disappointed that this incident hasn't been looked into by the AAIB. Leaving it's causal investigation to the operator and manufacturer with their respective operational interests could ultimately benefit no-one, indeed there is an obvious solution to this which I'm sure, given the chance, they'd both take as a mutual reputation saver and that is pilot error.

The thrust of my ramblings is that without independent oversight (AAIB) and due process, we (outsiders) will almost certainly never know what caused this aircraft to spin 2 1/2 times and end up 2-3 metres from the hangar door.

You appear to be quite protective of the pilot, I know them and their background and wonder if they are one of your ex SAR colleagues? Please try and keep an open mind, we all admire loyalty. but similarly we're all capable of mistakes regardless of whether you're a pilot, a design engineer or a manufacturer of components.