PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2018, 14:52
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hid3
Hello everyone!

A new member here, my first post, but been reading the forum for some time.

I am 31 years old, currently living and working in Vilnius (Lithuania). It's the same location where BAA flight school is located, basically only 8 km from my house.
I work as an IT engineer, also have some part time activities. I want to change my occupation, since the work I do is really dull and boring (same office every day, same people in the office, boring activities which I know by heart, no challence, etc). I finally decided that I want to be a (Airbus A320) pilot. Been curious about A320 for several past years, exploring it as amateur and somehow thought it would be ncie to do that for living.

The good news is that I have saved the required amount of money for the tranings.
Bad news is that I'm 10-12 years late to join this sphere

I have already had a quick conversation with a representative from BAA. I was informed about Wizz Air Cadet programme, the price of the studies (approx. 62k Euro, some amount is sponsored by Wizz, although no Type Rating in this price, as far as I understand). I was informed that in order for me to join the school, the following must be passed/obtained:
1) Profile XT test;
2) English language written test;
3) Compass test;
4) Interview with BAA;
5) Class 1 medical certificate.

Since during last 7-8 years I didn't have any interviews/tests/etc, this makes me a bit embarrased. I know that Profile XT test will be carried out in native language and is just a personality test, so shouldn't be difficult. I also believe my English is good enough so English test should go fine too.
I have checked my health recently (I told the doctors I will be needing Class 1) - almost everything is fine but I need a surgery for nasal septum... Not a problem, I will do that in case I pass the selection process.
However.. Compass test and the Interview part makes me worried a bit.

I have signed up at PilotAptitudeTest.com website and tried to solve maths and physics tests there for a few days. After multiple solving, I noticed that the questions start to repeat and I know the answers by heart

My goals (long term):
-Obtain CPL
-Start working at Wizz Air (or maybe there are better companies?) and fly as much hours as possible during first few years to gain experience and overtake the "10-12 years beeing too late in this sphere".

PS: I have had a 1 hour A320 similator session at BAA with an instructor. I think I did fine having in mind that I had no experience and it was the first time being behind the cockpit.

Questions:
-Has anyone attended BAA? How's the school? How's the staff? What are pros and cons of this school?
-Could someone please tell me more about the Compass test at BAA? What sources are the best to use to prepare for it, what to expect during the test? What is the percentage of passed/failed people, etc? Can I use paper and pen during the test? (Primary for math calculations) How long does the test last?
-Any hints, tips, tricks or experiences about the interview at BAA?
-Finally, is my decision on all the above correct? Or am I far away from reality?

Sorry for longish first post and thanks for your answers!
Labukas Hid3,

I have been in BAA in 2011-2013. I cannot say that much about the present BAA.
BUT the best way to prepare for Compass is with this software https://www.skytest.de/SkyTest-Train...eenings-31.htm. Furthermore maybe a tip is to find in Lithuania a company which prepares you for HR Interviews. Usually such Interviews in almost every field are pretty much the same. Why you and not those other guys. Why only now and not when you were younger. What are your weaknesses etc.

In Compass there is basic Technical stuff. Not much of rocket science. I am not an ACE, but I passed the Compass without any practice. But for such an Cadet program you better be prepared. You only get one chance. If you are prepared, you feel a lot more confident and have bigger chance to pass.

Sekmes .

Pagarbiai,

P40