PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter from the DFO
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2018, 09:15
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Air Profit
STP, Traf said his nephew purchased in a "suburb" of London. As you well know, prices would vary greatly from inner London to a far outer suburb. I think Trafs' point was very valid. It's a darn sight more likely a 25 yrd old can afford a house/home in or around London than the impossibility of doing so in HK, which I believe WAS his point. Regardless, Rexbanner doesn't have ANY facts at hand regarding his nephew, so personally questioning Traf's comments seemed a bit out of order. And Rexbanner mentions his location as Botswana, so Traf's comment is at least based on a fact provided by Rex.
Air Profit, that's true but why mention London at all? If you want to buy/rent a property in Hong Kong, as you well know, prices actually do vary greatly from Mid-Levels to the northern New Territories. I do take his point that housing is significantly more affordable in the UK than Hong Kong for an equivalent property but I still contest the implication that a 25 year-old BA pilot can afford a home in (a suburb) of London without some sort of financial assistance from a source other than a bank or lending institution, as did Rex.

As for location, it's a fact that your location is 'No where' - does that mean that you're stateless?

STP