PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit, licences and training
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2018, 09:29
  #15 (permalink)  
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: France
Posts: 295
Originally Posted by rarelyathome View Post
You can change you EASA licence issuer to a different state but your medical must be issued there also. The question then is whether the UK would recognise it post BREXIT if a tit for tat war breaks out.
Not exactly. You medical records must be held by the license issuer, but you can have your medical examination done by any EASA medical centre. So when you transfer your license, your first step is to have your medical records transferred.
The other tricky part is the proficiency check/skill test/assessment of competence issue. Depending on the new license issuer, it can be easy, difficult, or impossible to have those checks/tests/assessments undertaken by an examiner whose license is issued by another EASA state.
I have had my license transferred from the UK to France, it took several weeks, so plan it in advance.
172510 is offline