PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas admits Arab 'terror' blunder
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2003, 22:18
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Israel is the only country in the middle east you never see people celebrating on mass, and dancing in the streets after terrorist attacks.
Big Kev, sorry I've never seen such celebrations in the UAE and last time I checked it's in the Middle East. I did however see the orthodox jews celebrate the incursion into the West Bank 9 years ago, where a number of innocent Palestinian civilians were killed "in the crossfire", by dancing through the Arab Quarter of the old city of Jerusalem, when I was there. I found the majority of the Western Jews in Israel to be interested in peace, but the majority of the predominantly Russian Orthodox Jews are only interested in the complete destruction of the Palestinian state.

I have never said the Palestinian groups such as Hamas are not terrorists and there is no denying Arafats background in terrorism, but to his credit he went along way to solving the crisis along with Rabin, before Israelis against peace assasinated Rabin.

Israel has offered Arafat everything he asked for more than once, and they didn't take it.
Arafat and the Palestinians have always asked for a completely independant Palestinian state that includes the Muslim majority East Jerusalem, and for the complete removal of the illegal Jewish settlements inside the Palestinian borders. This has never been offered, and as such has never been turned down.

If the Palestinians wanted piece, they'd have it.
If the Palestinians wanted peace under the Israelis terms that is, to have to get permission to move within their own territory, to be banned from entering areas within their own territory due to the presence of an illegal Jewish settlement, to live forever in the shadow of Jewish oppression in the form of gunships, tanks and outposts with machine guns pointed at them, then yes they could have that peace. But as any self respecting man would agree, you would prefer to die fighting for freedom, than to live under that regime.

By the way its spelt Hitler