PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter from the DFO
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2018, 19:59
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trafalgar
Another question: do our main competitors (BA/QF/LH/AF/DL/AA etc...) experience anywhere near that percentage of resignations? I seriously doubt it. In fact, almost NOBODY in those airlines resigns for reasons other than health related........Your comment regarding our "package" being above industry standard is laughable, when you are talking about people living in the most expensive city on earth. If it's so competitive, explain how my nephew with BA (25 yrs old ) has just purchased his own HOUSE in a suburb of London, and owns two cars, wife not having to work)
As a 25 year old in BA I would imagine he is on PP 1-4 at most (that’s assuming he’s a DEP, if FPP then it’s out of the question totally) and I can categorically tell you that there is no way in hell he has obtained that kind of money from the bank based on his current salary without a ****ing sizeable deposit from money outside his current remuneration from BA, particularly as banks will only lend against half the variable elements of the salary now we’ve gone back to Variable Flying Pay.

On the first point, plenty of junior captains are leaving BA right now to go back to their LCC’s. Junior Long Haul FOs jumping ship too to go to KLM, Virgin and elsewhere. BA is no utopia nowadays, even when compared to Cathay. With the new CEO taking position, Air France pilots must be readying themselves for a sizeable dispute with management regarding pay and conditions. Conclusion? It’s crap everywhere now mate, quite how we’ve got into this position with a shortage going on I don’t know but we must as a pilot community capitalise on it as best we can

Last edited by RexBanner; 18th Aug 2018 at 20:09.