PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2018, 18:55
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Iver I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but are you an active pilot? Not kidding, really want to know.

@blackmumba I've been in many airlines flying different types and in only one case (major carrier) DEC was offered to pilots without any time on type or related type. With your experience, if you were to take the upgrade on an ERJ175 (2.200 total and eligible in 4 months? that's low!) and stay there for a year and a half before applying in EU you would have tallied 1.500 more tops, 3.700 or 4.000 total. Enough to apply IF you are flying the correct type, definitely not enough to get offered DEC on a new type. You would be placed on a fast track for upgrade, exactly same as now if you apply to FR, VLG or any LCC. Difference would be that you can't predict how will the market be in the next couple of years but you can make sure you get on the fast track for the command now, securing your slot even if the market folds a little bit.

I can't tell you of any carrier in EU that right now would give you DEC without any time on type. Maybe FR, but I think that would require way more grand total than what you have now and solid PIC in other types.

If you want to move back to the old continent now it is a sweet moment. With your profile you can be sitting for the upgrade in about a year if you choose well.