PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2018, 13:49
gbruton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well how else should we read it? Nothing wrong with switching aircraft as you move through the "evolution" of educating yourself. So now due to operating cost, you can not operate the plane you want at the cost you want. But that then challenges the statement you made clear the role of the plane had to fit that any "evolution" of educating yourself s never going to fix.

You stated nothing smaller then a large cabin will work due to your wife's exceptions/past experiences and amount of people you would have flying with you.

If you first said I would like to find a jet that can carry X people and only cost Y to operate then your position on "education""non flip flopping" would be accepted.
I understand you do not like the idea of the cost of charter. I get it. Why spend that much when you can own something. But wont you just put yourself in a corner when you own something that can not fit everyone nor will it be in the comfort they expect?

"My biggest problem with the G200 is how small it is. We are 5 people plus Dog and very frequent relatives. Also, I am getting the sentiment that airplane owners typically scale for their most frequent trips, not necessarily their longest ones. Although the G200 seems to cost half of what a GIV would on paper as far as operating costs, it cannot complete the entire mission I would ask of it.

I'm also worried about giving my family a bad experience in a plane that appears very small relative to the GIV. My wife especially is used to the pod at the front of a 777 Dreamliner and other first class accommodations. G200, while same width and height, is not the same length inside as you stated, so looks much smaller no matter how capable."