PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changing Training Centers
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2018, 10:43
Noitall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing Training Centers

Hello

I'm sure this subject has appeared in various threads before, so my apologies beforehand. I am a PPL student but have been involved in aviation in one form or another for a considerable time.

I'm am seriously considering changing schools. I always test my own judgement but respect and accept the judgement of those with more experience, but I keep seeing 'Caption warnings'.

Having just read an article in a respected Flying magazine which includes a list of warning sign's to look out for, my current provider ticks an uncomfortable number of boxes. I get the impression that the school is being run for the benefit of the school rather than meeting my requirements and at the end of the day I am the consumer. While nothing can be done about the weather I keep getting breaks that atrophy what I've learned due to availability, usually due to non wx cancellations, and changed lesson timing. I get the feeling I am there for their benefit, and the intructors dont seem too happy either. I do get the issues that face any operator but at the end of the day I need consistency to complete, and it just doesn't feel right.

I'm investigating changing my provider. I may be a case of frying pan to fire but I'm becoming increasingly dissilusioned.

I understand that I need to get my training records, but before I go further I would like to put my dilemna out to the forum.

I have a few questions on which I would welcome opinions

1 Is this fairly typical of most schools/clubs?
2. Are my expectations too high?
3. Should I just shut up get my head down and get it over with?
4 Should I get the hell out of there ?
5 Assuming I go ahead, what is involved?

All input welcome . I have left out the details for obvious reasons but as an indication the log book has a few 'Self ' entries.