PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Testing vs Test Flying
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2003, 21:44
LOMCEVAK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Genghis,

I am afraid that this reply is on the same theme as one that I have put on another thread, again relating to your cynical and snide comments about ETPS. Firstly, any ETPS graduate is just one member of the flying community who has an above average (however that may be defined!) level of ability and has relevant experience, and who has worked exceptionally hard as part of a team for a year. They are all individuals, and therefore the working relationships within a test team of which they are a member, and their contribution to that team, will vary. I have flown tests upon which I have not reported for a month and then have not been readily available for discussion with the FTE - because of having higher priority tasks and often being on trials away from base!!! I have always attributed any variations in the professional standards of the FTEs with whom I have worked to individual personality and experience. Whether that experience was gained through many years in the industry or graduation from a "recognised" test pilot school or other training establishment was, to me, completely irrelevant.

You appear to have a prejudice against ETPS graduates. Perhaps you would care to explain why.