PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drone pilot sees helicopter and flies straight to its flight path.
Old 18th Aug 2018, 09:18
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Twaddle. Look at the location - it was well out of any direct visual range (by which I mean too far out for a DV safety spotter) and so was operating solely on FPV in an area where helicopters track up the coast. I don't agree that he moved into the path of the helicopter, but he was clearly aware of it because he panned onto it. I would have expected (as a minimum) a "crash climb" to deconflict as soon as the heli came into sight. If he didn't see it he wasn't looking hard enough and should be jailed for negligence. If he did see it and still took no evasive action then he's a nutter who should be jailed for recklessly endangering an aeroplane.

Check my history - I'm often the one defending drone/RC-model operators, but there's no way I'm going to defend this pillock. Get me a pitchfork and a rope. This guy is bringing all FPV and DV model flyers into disrepute. Actually forget the rope - hanging is too good for him. Make it a can of petrol and a match...

€0.003 supplied, YMMV,

PDR