PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 17th Aug 2018, 19:30
Ramjet555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kranz
Didn't realise it was a crime to pose a question. In any case, the gist of my enquiries has been to ascertain more specific information around what each airline is looking for so that I can ensure I spend my training money in the way that best suits the airlines to improve my candidacy for any roles. Whilst you are correct in where I am with my training, I am working towards my CPL and would like to have this within three months (I am dedicating 3 days per week full time to prac & theory and am flying an average of 4 hours a day on each of those three days). I am also enquiring about the airline cadetship routes which include working as a CFI to boost hours to 1500 rather than DEFO. I therefore don't see my requests as being pre-emptive or wasting people's time. But thank you for your comment.

I also received a response from Compass overnight saying they do not sponsor E3's.
Its frustrating that many US companies are unable to think outside their small minded approach.
First, its not "sponsoring", its simply applying for an LCA on a 9035 form, its that phrase
that will get your resume tossed into the garbage fast.

I've seen a number throw in the towel as too difficult without having a clue
what they are talking about.

I've seen everyone in the jail want to go ahead, then one ignorant person with a key role, simply
sends off a form reject letter because they don't like foreigners, when they are a foreigner themselves.
The logic in the USA is that you have very large numbers of people who do not know anything over what is required
as part of their job.

The word is, you can be successful at this process, and if the people doing the hiring
actually have seen the process work previously, then your chances rocket.