PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 17th Aug 2018, 15:48
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by PlasticCabDriver

The 175 does this for you. ENG TREND/HYD TREND etc etc, there really is no need to have a set of gauges up for you to monitor. As FB said above, it will do it better than you ever will. And if it loses the ability to monitor the trends, it will tell you that too!
I am reasonably well aware of the philosophy of the 175 design, including the absence of need to routinely look at the system gauges. A great concept, especially as when in the Sim I could set a system gauge to slowly creep into the red over many minutes and virtually no-one would notice until the warning light came on!

My only point is that when there IS an emergency, let's say a transmission oil issue, one would then I think want to monitor the gauge and thus a screen is lost from its normal function (providing PM with the same info as PF). So 99.999% of the time the concept is fine. For that 0.001% of the time when the crew are maxxed out with both an emergency and say an instrument approach, a 5th screen would have been better.