PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather Info
Thread: Weather Info
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2018, 12:56
Boddles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rather than create a new thread I thought I'd ask for an additional weather info source if people have it;

I've spent the last three days myself searching extensively and reading a few threads on here about this and I'm still struggling to find what I'm after. Basically I'm after a map like that on Skyvector with the different coloured dots, but for at least 24 hrs in advance.

Reason being is I am trying to plan for a scenario where I have a microlight booked for a whole day to fly say, 160 miles, but want to make absolutely sure that enroute both in and out I have VMC the whole way. Anything less than 24 hrs I can't cancel a full day booking and I lose a stack of cash.

Ogimet aero seems great as it goes beyond 24 hrs but it is one dimensional, I want a 2d map.

All the weather forecast software I've seen so far doesn't give things like cloud base and it would be way easier if there was a utility out there that converted forecasts and TAFs into VFR, MVFR, IFR etc (perhaps with changeable parameters for what the pilot classes as VFR like in SkyDemon).

Any advice greatly appreciated - or alternative suggestions.

Many thanks