PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Aug 2018, 05:49
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the moment we don't need anymore 777 FOs and most newbies seem to come to 787 fleet. They are working on the roster patterns, effectively they don't want to give more than 4 block days off and twigged that they don't need to joint blocks from one month to another to give extended off days. As they constantly repeat at the roadshows, commute just worked out as a matter of luck but he contract is not advertised as commuting and as such new joiners should go in with their eyes wide open on this issue. Seems someone in the bean counting dept has been told to optimise company accommodation and crew planning are looking at more productive rosters. Net result, don't expect to opt out of company accommodation within a year and expect back to backs on the 787 with less recovery in-between. Apparently no 787 flights require more than 18 hours rest! my ass comes to mind! Did an Emirates crew planner join?