PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Crashes Plane into Own Home After Arrest
Old 17th Aug 2018, 04:52
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sorry Dog
I think the same.

If the guy's goal was to destroy the house, thankfully he missed being 10 or 20 feet too low. Maybe he wasn't trying to kill everybody, but guess we'll never really know. If you are trying to do that, I would think 350 knots on a steep dive angle would be more for sure.

BTW - I bet the house construction is typical 2x4 pine framing with plywood/OSB siding, insulation, and stucco/stone veneer siding. Strong but won't take a direct hit. The car, street curb, and especially the raised front porch likely took the majority of the energy.
Likely Doug Fir, not pine. Pine is less available, expensive, and not as strong as DF. OSB, yeah, and stucco. I’ve used that standoff pier clad in stone with double 6x6 columns detail in houses I’ve built. The skid marks show a short bounce by the trailing link, and a second faint scrub just past the initial ones. The left gear shows a slightly different track, a bit left of the starboard wheel track. I think the left gear may have been damaged by the impact with the garage roof across the street, causing the wheel to misalign. The skidmarks support the roll right theory, and tend to confirm the bank angle to the right just before hitting the street.

btw. I think the bank was intentional, he was trying to turn right to hit the front door. Actually he was a little low and a little left when the House came into view.

There is another possibility. He may have not intended to harm anyone. He may have been trying to scare the s—t out of Mom and stepson, but stalled when he tried to climb. A lot would depend on the noise level the neighbors might be reporting. Two Williams 44’s at full chat low and slow would put the fear of God into, well, God.

just sayin.

Last edited by Concours77; 17th Aug 2018 at 05:03.