PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benjamin Smith appointed Air KLM CEO
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2018, 02:37
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benjamin Smith appointed Air KLM CEO

Hi there

we have just been informed of Benjamin Smith’s appointment as Air France KLM CEO.
His salary has been tripled ( 3,3 mill eur ) compared to what the last CEO, JM Janaillac was earning and this one isn’t going down too well with the troop who was generously offered a 2 something pc pay raise after 7 years of salary freeze.
But more important to us ‘..........what kind of man is he ?
The French press who is at best as transparent, objective and free as the old East German state media was, is feeding us with adjectives that make him look like a corporate bombshell.
No flaws......only qualities.....transformed Air Canada...top to bottom and back up, started Rouge.....and God knows what else.
Apparently his appointment is the result of a deal : do not sack the old guard that sent AF full speed into the wall and everything will be just swell and you have the government blessing to club these arrogant overpaid pilots ( I wished ).

In a nutshell could you Air Canada guys, tell us what the man is all about and in what way is he the corporate Claudia Schieffer the press describes.