PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia short haul EBA amendment
Old 17th Aug 2018, 00:10
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a YES from me. It was a NO but I've read the material, asked the questions, listened to the conference calls and webinars and have learned enough to know we gain more by voting YES. Certainly at first glance, it was a "no way" from me. I think getting something in place to deter displacement is very valuable. A good starting point that could be built upon later.

The main morning flights to be affected are a hand full of QLD daylight savings flights and OCM ex Perth. If you feel on the day, that its simply too much or that you are too tired/fatigued then you exercise your right to call "fatigued". As long as you are not some massive abuser of the system, you shouldn't her a peep about it. Meanwhile you've got a bunch of clauses to mitigate against displacement in your back pocket. Pretty good trade. You probably would see the early flights in question once a year yet get displaced every roster. Easy choice.

Low Pass, nothing to do with DDO's its more to do with some early morning flights and in return some gains on displacement. Its a fair bit to get your head around and even if I emailed it 99% would look and decide too much to read/too technical. No idea about the website.

Union, nearly every pilot in the company shares your view on Business class travel but I think its wasted time and opportunity under the current CEO. He's made clear as crystal its not happening whilst he's in the seat. He's also announced the he's moving on so its a battle for later I think.

All the best.

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 18th Aug 2018 at 01:34.