PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2018, 22:13
Old Boeing Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck

Originally Posted by Catorce14
I actually just got off the phone with the pilot who's flight hours I've posted above. Currently he is flying a Lear 60, but he has flown a 55 to almost all the destinations in the US and Caribbean that I want to go to. I found him to be personable, knowledgeable, and he gave very good advice to me about why a Lear 55 may not be the plane I want. Besides checking references (he is currently on a long term Lear 60 gig), how is one supposed to evaluate a contract pilot?

Are you suggesting that I need to be a pilot in order to hire a pilot?

Are you suggesting I hire a pilot for the sole purpose of procuring me a pilot? What if the pilot I hire to find me a pilot is defective? Should I then hire a pilot to hire a pilot that can then go hire me a contract pilot?

I am being facetious of course but I feel like your question is a bit flippant. If you need brain surgery, you do your research and find a good brain surgeon. You don't go get a degree in brain surgery, if you follow my drift.

I think the whole purpose of hiring a tradesman of any kind be it doctor, pilot, bodyguard, gardener - whatever - is because you can't do it yourself.
I wish you good luck and safe travels. You are a great researcher, and know the direction you want to take.

Once you get your operation going, you should post your results here.

Regards.