PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Honest Advice.... PLEASE.
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2018, 17:38
MrMirai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honest Advice.... PLEASE.

I will try to keep it brief. I was very interested in applying/going through the process to become an ATC. However, I live in London, I have a mortgage, two kids and a better half. We think we could somewhere make life work whilst I studied etc in Hampshire. The only thing that is now putting me off, is the fact that once I pass. I could literally be sent to Scotland, with no say on the matter. This is something that is completely unrealistic. My partner still has work in London, and our kids go to school here. The ATC salary is appealing. But not THAT appealing...
I think im answering my own questions here. But I just thought i'd ask for the opinion of anyone in a similar situation, or anyone whos been in the job and had to relocate etc... is it worth it! It might be worth saying. Becoming an ATC isn't some life long dream of mine. Im currently a control room supervisor for the metropolitan police, and frankly. This organisation is going down the toilet. Plus the ceiling for promotions / pay increases is very low!
Thank you.... I appreciate your time.