PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2018, 02:41
Catorce14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Boeing Driver
You are really opening up a can of worms now.

How would you determine which pilots to trust with your life and your family's lives. Do you have the knowledge to know which one to pick?

I realize it would be a similar situation as chartering, but a company that employs, trains, and evaluates its pilots on a regular basis is far more likely to have quality pilots.

Not saying there aren't some quality contract guys out there.

The quality guys are usually high in demand and hard to get even with several days or weeks notice.

For a really good outfit in SOCAL, look at Clay Lacy as an example. Maybe do a sample charter with them, or some other reputable company there.

If you think that owning and operating a plane on your own is really for you, then go for it.
Great minds think alike. I was going to say you don't get to pick your charter pilot, you certainly don't get to pick your airline pilot or train conductor .at least I can interview these people who are type rated for the plane I would buy and evaluate their risk tolerance and personality.

No different than in the military .you get handed a detachment or squad that aren't your people that you need to do an important mission with. At some point you need to trust their training and make it work.

Last edited by Catorce14; 16th Aug 2018 at 02:51.