PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen plane used as justification for pointless tasks rants
Old 15th Aug 2018, 08:35
extralite

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Its legitimate frustration at wasting time and money in an activity that has no purpose..not whinging i.m.o

In business, when a problem is identified we have to find a solution to adresss the problem. So assuming the problem they want to address is unauthorized access to an aircraft, making people that have employment on the airfield or private pilots submit pretty much the same documents every 2 years is not adressing the actual issue..Stil needs to be the same people on the airfield...original birth certificate found or not.

Surely, if they feel that unauthorized access to aircraft is the problem, make the aircraft more secure, not more background checks for everyone that need to be there anyway.. That wont stop rogue pilots of course, or passengers, or someone jumping the fence, but what will? Certainly not the mess that is Asic. What historic incident is the asic actually aimed at solving.

If doing pointless things is part of someones daily life then i suppose you sort of become immune to it. But irks the crap out of me seeing so much time wasted. Just make the thing similar to a passport we wear on a lanyard. Job done.