PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen plane used as justification for pointless tasks rants
Old 15th Aug 2018, 07:31
mcoates

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I have just been out and about in the USA and any secondary airport like Bankstown, Jandacott etc you dont need anything, yes nothing.

You can even take your car airside to carry fuel cans or load the aircraft !

Australian aviation is just stupidly following along and being put out of business by things like this ASIC crap.

If we could get every professional (read fare carrying pilots, Qantas etc) to down tools for a few days in support of this stupidity then we might get some media attention and see what happens.

You can still drive a fuel tanker without an ASIC equivalent and you can drive that into a kindergarten

We pilots are going through more checks than a pistol or automatic weapons license, how does that make any sense ?

If i wanted to crash a plane it doesnt matter if i have an ASIC or not. I fly downwind over the pollies in Canberra, park my plane where i am meet by someone with an ASIC and walk to the gate, and leave the next day the same way. Flying in and out of our capitol airport without an ASIC then whats the whole point of having this crap.