PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2018, 21:48
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
It will be interesting to see what they do. Firstly whether Milan is dropped altogether or whether it will return for summer as it did this year. Also whether Glasgow really is going, and whether they retain the likes of Dubrovnik and Prague at existing frequency.

Consensus seems to be that Dublin will go which is a shame, I actually don’t think FR is as good a fit. I think 189 seats arriving back in SEN at 11pm and leaving at 7am will be overkill and without public transport it will suffer the same fate as EZY’s attempts with Belfast and Edinburgh. I’ve not used DUB but would assume it also benefits other routes like Antwerp and Groningen, certainly people have been transferring from/to MAN flights I’ve travelled on.

I don’t think they’ll go back to regional Irish routes unless they picked up the Derry PSO. There actually are quite a few potential routes they could do though - Inverness, Zurich, Stuttgart, Montpellier, Bergen are examples of destinations not served from STN. There are a few that are served but not at great frequency like Turin. And some popular places that no one does from SEN like Nice and Naples.

Max 200 version 197 seats.