PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2018, 20:33
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sixchannel
It sure does from Worcester / Gloucster area anyway.
Its quicker to get to EMA from there than BRS - lousy road infrastructure.
So normally I go BHX - FUE or EMA - FUE if their flight timings are OK. Love the 11am departure ex-EMA.
At BRS TUI have grown from 2 757's to 2x 757's, 2 737's and 1 787 (part week). TCX have grown to 3x A321
At CWL TUI currently have 2x 737's which will increase to 3x 737's Summer 2019. TCX have 1x A320
At EXT TUI have 1x 737

I have no doubt that some from the Southwest/South Wales use BHX and probably MAN and LGW if the price is right, but if Jet2 really wanted to take on the competition in the region a BRS or CWL base would be necessary. I can't imagine they are attracting that many people from the Southwest which would affect the BHX base too much. BOH isn't really ideally placed to serve the whole of the Southwest & South Wales.
BRS is currently suffering from infrastructure issues (Stands/Gate availability) which could limit how many aircraft a new Airline could base but is growing at a rapid pace (6m pax in 2014 to nearly 8.5m currently, 15 based aircraft for EZY with talks of continued growth from them (Which TUI and Thomas Cook use for an increasing number of packages on). CWL will have a smaller share of the market but has the space to accommodate and is crying out for a new Airline that can offer both package holiday destinations and city breaks.