PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2018, 17:21
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NWSRG
Flew from BFS to PVD and back over the last fortnight. I'm not into the BFS v BHD slanging match that sometimes happens on here, and I usually like to use BFS simply because it's handier for me. But this trip has highlighted how much BFS is in need of rebuilding. The whole place is tired, it has no natural flow, and is just getting a bit grotty. PVD handles 3.9 million passengers per year, compared to 5.5 million (or so) at BFS...and yet is a superb facility. State ownership probably helps though. We can only hope that the new owners commit to rebuilding. It's sorely needed for what is still our main gateway.

On a separate note, both outbound and inbound flights were full. And on both, the passenger load seemed to have a strong proportion of US travelers. The MAX 8 is impressive, and quiet...it was a comfortable flight. Let's hope we can hold onto it.
State ownership 'probably' helps? It explains why half Spain's airports still exist never mind those closer to home.... I really hope the new owners (should the deal complete) are interested in rebuilding but I imagine the immediate would be nips and tucks rather than massive expansion.